Construction of conceptual design methods using topology optimization for rapid and creative product developmentAim for development of a micro / macro structural design method enabling delight design
- Research institute
- Kyoto University, TOYOTA CENTRAL R&D LABS., INC., TADASEIKI CO., LTD, Nagase Integrex Co., Ltd., Quint Corporation, Tohoku University
In order to derive the delight design(= High-performance, innovative product design) in the super upstream process, it is essential to enrich the conceptual design stage. In the past, however, it was difficult to create a specific shape structure from the design proposal, to obtain high performance through drastic structural change and to obtain a design proposal with added new functions.
In this theme, we are developing a new conceptual design method integrating digital engineering technology and topology optimization in order to solve these problems essentially and to innovative design of product that overcomes international competition.
- We will develop micro / macro structure creation design method based on multiscale analysis of heat, magnetic, electromagnetic wave control device etc. We will realize a method to propose design of high performance devices and parts that can be reduced in weight than conventional products(Figure 1).
- Based on the design plan, we will develop the manufacturing technology of the device and create the actual device. In addition, we will apply the actual devices to automobile parts etc.
- For structural mechanics problems, we aim to construct a system of conceptual design method that enables further automation and time reduction of design process by using existing commercial 3D CAD(Figure 2).
- We are developing a topology optimization method of microstructure and macrostructure of three-dimensional shell structure. Topology optimization method for micro/macro structure of 3D shell structure has been developed. We are also advancing the development of a method to extract texture pattern of macrostructure from optimal solution of physical property distribution on curved surface and the study of fabrication method of thermal control device with stripe structure(Figure 3).
- We are studying how to extend the development method to electromagnetic and magnetic devices.
- We are promoting the commercialization of software of concept design method for structural mechanics problem.
Outline of topology optimization [Japanese]
Level Set-Based Topology Optimization Using MATLAB
- Utilization hub of tools and technologies
- Innovation style