Research and development of innovative manufacture using molecular adhesion technologyDevelopment of revolutionary bonding technology that enables chemical bonding at molecular levels among different materials
- Research institute
- Iwate University, Iwate Industrial Research Institute, Sulfur Chemical Laboratory Inc., ALPS ELECTRIC CO., LTD.
It is necessary to join parts and other parts for manufacturing. However, conventional bonding using bonding agent (intermolecular force bonding) has a fundamental problem in the stability of the adhesive force expression principle. Moreover, in the current resin plating, since the surface is etched in hexavalent chromic acid to form irregularities, the environmental burden is large, and there is a problem that the plating peel strength is not reliable.
On the other hand, expectations are growing for joining of different materials and development of new technologies for composite materials in order to achieve higher efficiency, higher functionality and higher productivity in automobiles, aircraft, semiconductors, medical devices, etc.(Figure 1).
In order to respond to such social needs in this project, we have established innovative bonding technology using "triazinethiol derivative" which enables chemical bonding of dissimilar materials without material dependency. We are developing "molecular adhesion" and "molecular plating technology" which are characterized by dimensional control, high functionality and productivity(Figure 2).
Molecular Adhesion Technology[Japanese]
- To confirm the mechanism by which a primary bond is formed between the "molecular adhesion agent" and various materials by chemical reaction. Also, build physical properties database of bonding / composites of various materials.
- Development of heat dissipation material sheet and development of thermal characteristic evaluation device.
- Establishment of shielded connector and thin-wall microfabrication technology. Establishment of a plating method to the molded article.
- Utilizing molecular adhesion technology based on "triazinethiol derivative", creation of a new consistent joining functional material having an adhesive strength of 30 MP or more at which resin breaks at adhesion between resin and metal.
- Model manufacture of a heat dissipating material which is a resin and high content metal filler adhesive complex and design of a thermal conductivity measuring device.
- Model manufacture of shielded connectors and search for plating conditions using "triazinethiol derivative" molecular adhesion agent on thin wiring board thin wall molded bodies.
- Dissemination activities seminar of molecular adhesion technology results and other initiatives are implemented.
- Utilization hub of tools and technologies
- Innovation style