Research & Development of Bio Innovative Design TechnologyPropose a new design and manufacturing method which enables compatibility between contradictory weight reduction and high strength learned from living things
- Research institute
- Kanazawa University, Industrial Research Institute of Ishikawa (IRII)
Observing the morphology of living organisms, you can see that the design that is suitable for each living environment is applied to the living body. Therefore, in this theme, we are working on the development of the structure design technology based on the biological form and the development of the technology enabling manufacture of the structure (shell + rib) reflecting complicated biological forms.
Specifically, we aim to establish efficient design methods based on biological norms and to establish technologies that can quickly produce high strength, lightweight structural members using braiding technology.
Outline of this research [Japanese]
The goal of this theme is to establish 'bioinnovative design technology' integrating the above as one design / manufacturing system.
For that reason,
- Building a database that stores about 50 types of biometric data(Figure 1)
- Development of optimum design support system using database
- Development of integral manufacturing method of rib + shell structure
are set as a development target until the end of FY 2016.
- Design database with morphogenesis in biology(Figure 1)
The biological form is adapted to various environments, and it is optimized form in a sense. We will build a database to use it as a design idea in the design upstream.
- Optimal design utilizing database
We will discover a new Pareto front which achieves both weight saving and high strength, and develop efficient optimum design method utilizing the biological form database.
- Design and manufacturing by braiding technology
From the result of optimization, we will manufacture mandrels with 3D printers(Figure 2).
Prototyping with carbon fiber using braided technology(Figure 3,4)。