Establishment and Validation of the Base for 3D Design & Additive Manufacturing Standing on the Concepts of AnisotropyCreate a new market with the establishment of innovation style that can freely realize anisotropy
- Research institute
- Osaka University, Panasonic Corporation, Osaka Research Institute of Industrial Science and Technology (ORIST), Teijin Nakashima Medical Co., Ltd., Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd., KITASUMA ANIMAL HOSPITAL, Kyoto University, The University of Tokyo, Osaka Prefecture University
The manufacturing industry in Japan has been deprived of international competitiveness by the cheap sales of similar consumer goods by other countries, namely commoditization. Therefore, in this theme, in order to restore the status of the manufacturing industry in Japan, and in order to restore the Japanese economy, we are working on realization of innovation style for creation of delight value (customer latent value, value more than expected by customers). Specifically, based on "anisotropic custom design" (Figure 1) beyond conventional concept of design and production, we are aiming to realize a streamlined model based on customer base covering everything from high-speed design manufacturing (short lead time), "delight assessment" through test use, aftercare and feedback.
The goal of this theme is to build an "anisotropic custom design / additive manufacturing base" that utilizes regional resources which can manufacturing of difficult-to-process materials in Kansai.(Figure 2)We aim to disseminate the "New Manufacturing Method" originating from Kansai to Japan and the world with initial targets for home appliances, biological welfare products, and aviation energy components.
- Goal of base formation
Newly established Anisotropic Design & AM Research Center in Osake University.
Create a business model for anisotropic custom new products by encouraging enterprises which are adapted to new manufacturing creative ideas to join the project.
- Goal of technology
Optimal design of anisotropic control of material and shape(Figure 3)
Dramatically shortening the design and manufacturing lead time focusing on additive manufacturing method
Establishment of objective delight index
System construction to feed back the Delight assessment to the design
- Outcome(Ripple Effect)
- Economic effects of several hundred billion yen (FY 2023) due to expansion of the market for products and business fields not currently envisioned and the spread of devices for delight assessment
- Construction of a common basis enabling optimization design that simultaneously controls shape and material based on super-upstream design idea of anisotropic customization.
- A software / hard integrated system that connects cyber space and physical space, which embodies product image optimized and designed by customers themselves.
- Extraction of latent needs based on sensitivity engineering and design feedback of user analysis and data analysis results focused on minority factors.
- Verification of validity of design and production streamline model with customer-origin and verification of validity of new delight method by regional demonstration.
- Building an evolving base by promoting new entrants of large and medium-sized enterprises through educational activities of super-upstream design idea(custom and anisotropy).