Creation of Tokyo Tech/Ota-City Core Environment for Co-designing Delightful Assistive DevicesDelight manufacturing by university and regional SME collaboration
- Research institute
- Tokyo Institute of Technology, Ota City Industrial Promotion Organization, Japan Airport Terminal Co., Ltd., KPMG AZSA LLC, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, MATERIAL CO. LTD., Ono Denki Seisakusyo Co., Mimasu Industries Co., Ltd., Yasuhisa Koki Bio Mechanics Co.,Ltd., KAWABUCHI Mechanical Engineering Laboratory, Inc., NIPPOU DENKI Co.,Ltd., Yamasyou Co.,Ltd., SHIMAFUJI Electric Incorporated, Mutsumi Kakou Co., Ltd.
In this theme,
- Necessity of cooperative creation environment rooted in regional characteristics
- Necessity of design method development for delight products
- Necessity of high-value-added new manufacturing technology
- Necessity of development environment for innovative new products by small and medium enterprises
based on these social backgrounds, we will work on building an environment that enables to create innovative products by Tokyo Tech/Ota-City.
- We aim to build a cooperative creation environment and design method (Tokyo Tech Design Factory, Delight Engine) for users, managers, engineers, researchers to develop new delight products together. (Figure 1)
- We will work on the development of a Delight Support Machine (practical application of cart robots and wearable suits) that realizes logistics innovation at Haneda Airport.
- We aim to create new delight products by small and medium enterprises in Ota-City.
- Development of Tokyo Tech Design Factory(Figure 1)
(CoLab)Hosting a design workshop
(ExpLab)User Delight evaluation and feedback
(FabLab)Construction of prototyping system by small and medium enterprises in Ota-City
- Development of cart robot for airport(Figure 2)
- Development of design and manufacturing technology for small diameter artificial muscle and development of delight wearable suit(Figure 3)
- Implementation a new delight product development project (rise assistance chair etc.) by collaboration between small enterprises and Tokyo Tech.